Public Service Librarian-Catalog -- Eastern New Mexico University -- Portales, NM
Under limited direction, plan, develop, and direct the library's bibliographic data control systems, and a comprehensive program for acquiring cataloging, and processing the library collection, and supervise computerized systems for accessing the collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the authority control system of the library
- Supervise, train, and evaluate staff who perform cataloging and technical processing operations
- Perform original cataloging and input information into the On-Line Catalog Library Center (OCLC)
- Work with faculty of assigned disciplines in developing subject areas of the collection
- Provide reference service to library patrons as needed
- Supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Provide research/library literacy instruction to classes and groups as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements: A master's degree in Library Science and a minimum of two years experience directly related to the duties specified is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all facets of library operations
- Capability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Ability to plan, organize, and oversee the operations of an information service activity
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions
- Efficiently interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed during normal work hours with some evening and weekend hours
- Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer Jessica Small at (575) 562-2218,. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu.