Senior Librarian -- Fort Worth Library -- Ft. Worth, TX
Senior Librarian - Library Collection Development/Material Selector
Pay Range From: 50,752.14
Pay Range To: 60,000.00
Closing Date: 5/1/18
Apply Online Only: Submit Cover Letter and Resume: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?cws=37&org=FORT...
Requisition Number: 42585
The City of Fort Worth Library Department has a Library Collection Development/Material Selector job available. These positions are two of three full-time (40 hours) selectors who work as a team to select materials for a central library, two regional libraries and soon to be 14 branch locations. An additional location (18) is set to open in 2020. The Fort Worth Library’s materials budget for FY2018 is 2.8 million dollars and relies heavily on data-driven decision-making.
The successful candidates will have recent proven abilities in locating and selecting materials for multiple locations in a centralized selections environment and in-depth knowledge of the principles and practices of public library collection management. These positions require attention to details, flexibility with areas of responsibility, ability to adapt to change, ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, outstanding customer service skills, strong critical thinking skills, and the ability to accomplish tasks with little supervision. These position all require the ability to see both the big picture and the individual puzzle pieces that fit together to make the whole.
Library Collection Development/Material Selector job duties include:
- Review, evaluate, select and order materials in all formats and languages that are collected with an emphasis on locating and selecting adult, children and teen materials.
- Review and maintain familiarity with publishing trends, “hot” titles, current and popular topics, trends, and other relevant information as appropriate to support selection decisions.
- Ensure the appropriate amounts and types of materials are purchased to meet current needs and demands.
- Work with staff on continuous improvement related to print and electronic collections.
- Perform collection assessments for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Expend funds systematically and in a fiscally responsible manner according to established goals.
- Prepare reports using market segmentation, Polaris SimplyReports, and Edelweiss Analytics.
- Assist in training staff on various topics, including collection development topics and use of vendor sites.
- Travel to other library locations to evaluate collection area and discuss collection topics with staff.
- Participate on system-wide committees as needed.
Minimum job requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in Library Science.
- Two years or increasingly responsible professional library experience.
Preferred job requirements include:
- Experience with centralized selection for a multi-location system and on-line selection tools.
- Bilingual English/Spanish – Fluent in writing and speaking.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
The City of Fort Worth is the 16th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer service, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.