Information Technology Manager -- Mid-Continent Public Library -- Independence, MO
Information Technology Manager - Administrative Headquarters
Position Overview: (Posting will expire no later than September 28)
To apply please visit: http://www.mymcpl.org/about-us/employment-opportunities?gnk=job&gni=8a78...
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for modeling excellent customer service to all staff and customers through the installation, management and maintenance of Library hardware and software technology. This position is also responsible for the management of personnel in the Information Technology Department. This is a full-time Exempt position with a minimum salary range starting at $70.988 plus benefits.
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Manages: Information Technology Assistant Manager, Microsoft Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, PC Technician 1, PC Technician III
- Supports, promotes, implements, and makes decisions based on established Library policies, guidelines, and programs
- Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom including the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read Statement
- Models excellent customer service attitude and delivery, supporting a collaborative and inclusive workplace
- Consistently exhibits leadership qualities and professional attitudes and behaviors
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each Library employee’s contributions
- Develops a high-performance work team in an empowered environment
- Maintains an attractive, safe and welcoming environment
- Maintains regular and dependable personal attendance and punctuality based on commitment to the Library
- Establishes and maintains supportive working relationships with co-workers and other departments/branches
- Plans and allocates library resources systematically
- Consistently meets expectations set forth in the Exempt Employee Expectations Document
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages IT employees to achieve Library and IT goals. Plans and organizes staff projects. Motivates, provides recognition and evaluates IT employees and reviews progress to direct change when needed. Provides IT employees with problem solving and technical advice.
- Coordinates with Chief Technology Officer, department and branch managers to ensure they have the technology that meets the needs of the Library system and its customers.
- Prepares and submits a yearly fiscal budget. Coordinates with Chief Technology Officer, department and branch managers to ensure IT budget meets the needs of the Library system.
- Administers maintenance contracts for server, network and computer hardware. Ensure maintenance contracts are fiscally responsible and provide for business continuity.
- Administers software licensing agreements and maintains compliance with software vendors.
- Administers hardware leasing agreements and complies with Finance and Facilities Manager requirements regarding leasing.
- Determines and implements various testing methods to ensure server and network hardware performance meets or exceed the Library staff and customer expectations.
- Plans new server, network and computer hardware installations. Coordinates with Chief Technology Officer, department and branch managers to ensure new hardware meets or exceed the Library staff and customer expectations.
- Plans for the orderly updates of server, network and computer hardware to ensure a high level of business continuity. Ensure hardware updates meets or exceed staff and customer expectations.
- Plans, implements and maintains corporate backup strategy of servers, files and devices to maintain a high level of business continuity.
- Plans, implements and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Ensure plan meets or exceed the Library’s administration expectations.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Upon request, advises the Library Board on matters that relate to the IT department and automation in general
- Periodically performs installation, upgrade and maintenance work on hardware and software outside of normal working hours to minimize downtime to customers
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Supports, promotes, and implements Library policies and procedures
- Provides technical support to other departments and branches with IT related issues and services
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of server operating systems including Microsoft Server, Linux and Cisco IOS
- Thorough knowledge of server application software including Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SharePoint 2013 or later, Microsoft Exchange 2010 or later and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later
- Thorough knowledge of virtualization software including VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and Veeam
- Thorough knowledge of server hardware and it’s functions (e.g. servers, storage systems, backup devices)
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware and their functions (e.g. switches, routers, firewalls, POE devices)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 or later
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 or later
- Good working knowledge of mobile operating systems especially Apple iOS and Android OS
- Strong problem analysis, troubleshooting and technical skills
- High organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability and willingness to learn new hardware and software systems
- Comfort with translating technical terms for non-technical staff and customers, leaves a perception with the staff and customers of a professional and friendly IT department
- Ability to manage multiple projects and detailed tasks
- Exceptional customer service orientation, patience, and stress tolerance; seek opportunities to increase internal and external customer satisfaction and foster positive relationships
- Ensures customer privacy by keeping information confidential
Experience and Training:
- Considerable staff and function management experience in public computing services, network administration, computing systems functions
- Graduation from a college or university with focus on technology management, business or public administration; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Considerable knowledge of office software and computer systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, SharePoint preferred
- Knowledge and support of the principles of intellectual freedom
- Public library experience preferred
Essential physical abilities to be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation are:
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing which permits the incumbent to communicate effectively with all constituents.
- Sufficient vision which permits the incumbent to produce and review a wide variety of library materials, written correspondence, reports and related materials in both electronic and hard copy form.
- Sufficient manual dexterity which permits the incumbent to operate a keyboard and any other computer device or assigned equipment.
- Sufficient personal mobility which permits the incumbent to monitor, supervise, and perform assigned library operations, and to attend Library district, community, and public meetings at various locations. The incumbent must be able to lift up to 40-pounds, push and pull carts weighing up to 200-pounds, bend, stoop, and reach shelving from floor level to 6 feet high.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.