Administrative Assistant (Extended Temporary) -- University of Arizona -- Tucson, AZ
Department: Libraries - Digital Innovation & Stewardship (1705)
Location: Main Campus
More info and to apply: https://uacareers.com/postings/21757
The Administrative Assistant will serve as the general point of contact and provide direct support for the University Libraries, Office of Digital Innovation and Stewardship. This position entails using initiative, independent judgment and discretion concerning priorities with a high level of organization, time management and interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills, flexibility to manage multiple assignments using analytical skills and ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. This position will perform a wide variety of functions in support of department services which requires knowledge of Library, University and departmental policies and established procedures.
Visit the University Libraries website to learn more about us.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance and disability programs; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
As a nationally recognized leader, the University of Arizona strives to look forward. Listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States, the University provides strategic programs to enhance the lifecycles of a multigenerational workforce.
This award-winning portfolio includes consecutive Seal of Distinction awards for its exemplary Work-Life practices from WorldatWork, along with the 2017 Gold Healthy Arizona Worksite award, presented by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. For more information about the collaborative culture and innovative service offerings at the University of Arizona, visit Why UA.
The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer providing equal opportunity for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- General point of contact for department.
- Manage department head’s calendar and travel arrangements.
- Provide departmental calendar support by scheduling meetings, compiling and distributing meeting agendas, organizing meeting rooms, and sending out due date reminders.
- Coordinates complex travel reservations, itineraries, and reimbursements.
- Order office supplies.
- Have p-card and p-card authority for ODIS expenses and prepare monthly budget review for ODIS department head.
- Communicate with facilities on ODIS-specific issues.
- Coordinate special events for team members.
- Provide UA Vitae support.
- General support for troubleshooting policies and procedures around travel, development, general admin, etc.
- Department head support (prepping documents for department sharing, etc.)
- Clean ODIS break area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision with initiative, use of good judgment, and solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills as the work environment and customer needs change, showing the personal confidence, motivation, and organizational ability to work toward established goals.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and constructively deal with conflict.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives.
- Positive attitude and strong demonstration of Our Values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills, including the ability to work with diverse people and serve a diverse population.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Microsoft Office suite (current version), especially Outlook.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Four years of directly related experience; OR, a Certificate in Secretarial Science AND three years of directly related experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/budgetary procedures and principles.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating employee travel arrangements.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job Category: Administrative and Professional
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $12.25 - $18.20 Per Hour
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)