Accounts Receivable Accounting Tech -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Administrative Services
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Accounting Tech
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: A-11
Classification No. 1000/Accounting Technician I
Job Posting No. 00000811
Monthly Salary: $2,400 - $2,800 /Month
Date Job Available: Sept 15, 2017
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00000811&tz=G...
Position Open Until Filled.
First review date 09/01/2017, all completed applications (please note "Other Requirements") received by this date will receive first consideration.
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of 36B; LS132011.01; 4 20; 3451; 65AX or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Performs routine (journey-level) accounting support work. Work involves, but is not limited to, processing cash receipts or daily deposit into the State of Treasury Department, processing agency invoices, receiving reports, payment vouchers, and other documents in preparation of payment for agency goods and services. Coordinates with internal purchasing staff, divisional purchasing liaisons, and external vendors to resolve disputed invoices. This position will use specific procedures and guidelines to complete work. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Collect, processes, and record revenues for the daily deposit.
- Prepare journals to correct defaulted deposits.
- Process mail and other incoming documents daily.
- Reconcile the cash box and coin operated machines monthly; and bill exchanger weekly.
- Process invoices, receiving reports, and other related documents in the Centralized Accounting and Payroll Personnel System (CAPPS).
- Create expenditure transfer vouchers in CAPPS.
- Work with Purchasing liaisons and vendors to research and resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Create vouchers in CAPPS.
- Create and maintain vendor information in both the Texas Identification Number System (TINS) and CAPPS.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures including safety and standards of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school/GED with: one year full-time accounting experience OR nine (9) semester hours of college coursework in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- One year full-time accounting work experience reconciling and compiling deposits.
- One year accounting work experience reconciling receipts and invoices.
- One year full-time work experience using a personal computer, adding machine and related office equipment.
- One year full-time work experience performing data entry and using spreadsheets on a personal computer.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to work accurately with numerical data.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and manage own duties, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships and have a customer-service orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite Software; Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Experience reconciling financial documents including bank and credit card statements and related documents.
- Knowledge of Prompt Payment Law.
- Experience working in CAPPS
- College transcript required if claiming college credit (at time of application)
- In-basket exercise will be given at the time of interview to determine attention to detail, data entry, logistical, and proofreading ability.
Has no supervisory responsibility. Reports to the Accounting and Grants Manager.