Know & Go: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines: An Overview
Web accessibility is always a topic in libraries. With the recent changes in Section 508, more people are starting to take notice. Section 508 is based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG: https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/) and was last updated in December 2017.
If you would like a refresher or just need an overview of the WCAG, this is the place. We will go over conformance levels, how to read the Guidelines, and what applies to you (and what might not).
By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Identify the conformance level needed for their library
- Discuss ways to test for accessibility issues
Those that create and/or maintain their library's website; those that manage the staff responsible for their library's website.
Familiarity with HTML
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- This event is open to group registration; no CEUs are available for this event.
- Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
- Microphones or headsets preferred for discussion.
This course consists of a 1-hour session.
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT
|Amigos Member||$ 0.00|