Library Management for Beginners: Managing Personnel
This session on Managing Personnel is designed to help the first-time library manager gain a foundation to successful personnel management. Library personnel are one of the most valuable assets for information organizations. Library staff are key to the success of libraries through their job performance and presentation of their employers to their constituents. Managers are instrumental drivers in fostering, mentoring, and developing productive and fulfilled library staff.
- Define the main challenges in personnel management
- Demonstrate strategies to improve success during the hiring and interviewing process
- Assess the benefits of the personnel review process
- Identify methods for addressing and documenting disciplinary issues
- Examine the importance of staff development, coaching, training, and continuing education
New or experienced managers in any type of library
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Students will participate in class discussion and complete individual assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Live Online System Requirements
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 2
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 70.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 105.00|