Introduction to Scholarly Metrics
Students will come away from the workshop being able to:
- Identify basic bibliometric and altmetric indicators used in research evaluation processes
- Generally explain the data underpinnings of altmetrics versus bibliometrics
- Locate and use sources for scholarly metrics available for free on the World Wide Web
- Use scholarly metrics appropriately and responsibly
- Know emerging trends in scholarly metrics and scholarly communication
Academic and Research Librarians (government, R&D, non-profits)
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Students will be asked to complete a “treasure hunt” worksheet after attending the webinar presentation.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Instructor: Elaine Lasda - firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 2
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 95.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 155.00|