EAD2HTML: Transforming your Finding Aids with XSL
Goals for this workshop include:
- Distinguish between XSL, XSLT, XPath, CSS, and HTML5
- Describe a variety of XSL elements and their function in transforming EAD to HTML
- Select and manipulate EAD nodes using abbreviated and full XPath
- Troubleshoot XSL stylesheets
- Create an XSL stylesheet and use it to a transform a supplied finding aid to HTML5
Archivists and technical staff interested in publishing EAD finding aids as HTML pages.
During the workshop, students will build a complete stylesheet for EAD and apply it to a supplied finding aid. Before taking this workshop, we strongly suggest that students possess a level of training or experience equivalent to completion of the following Amigos workshop: EAD3: the Basics, and experience or training in creating/editing basic HTML web pages. Knowledge of CSS is recommended, but not required.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
- Visit BigBlueButton's detailed requirements page for in-depth information.
- Oxygen XML Editor*
- *Another XML editor may be used as long as it can do XSL transformations; however, Amigos will not be able to provide any app support.
- Ability to download and unzip Exercise files. Files are contained in EAD2HTML.zip or EAD2HTML.exe
- **You may need your institution's IT support to help, if you do not have administrative privileges on your computer.
This course consists of three 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 6
10:30 am - 12:30 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 235.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 285.00|