Dewey Decimal Classification: The Basics
This class will cover assigning classification numbers with correct meanings in the Dewey hierarchy, assigning numbers when a topic might fall under more than one discipline, building numbers using the tables, and a look at OCLC’s WebDewey.
- Learn the structure of Dewey Decimal Classification
- Understand number building using DDC
- Build DDC numbers for a variety of resources
Staff with cataloging and classification duties
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- There will be a homework assignment at the end of the class.
- Participants will need access to WebDewey or a print copy of Dewey to complete the homework assignment.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Instructor: Sarah Matusz - email@example.com
Contact Hours: 4
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 180.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 360.00|