Libraries and Streaming Media
In this workshop we will learn about the various streaming media content platforms, licenses, and purchasing models as well as examine how fair use, accessibility, and discoverability impact how patrons use streaming media. Lastly, we will explore ways we can market streaming media and how we can integrate it into library programs.
- Understand the distribution process for most forms of media and how that impacts libraries
- Identify the differences among streaming media content platforms, licenses, and purchasing models
- Examine fair use, accessibility, and discoverability in the context of streaming media
- Develop strategies for marketing streaming media services and programs to patrons
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- This course requires individual participation and homework assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird Fee||$ 140.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Fee||$ 195.00|