At the end of this class, the attendee should be able to:
- Process different types of materials often found in collections;
- Accurately describe items found in collections;
- Use EAD and DACs to create better finding aids;
- Integrate preservation practices while working with collections;
Any staff that has been working with archival collections on a very basic level or those who want more information on how to better describe collections to assist their patrons.
Amigos "Introduction to Archival Practice" class
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- There will be one outside reading and one final assignment.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Big Blue Button's minimum requirements page.
This course consists of four 60-minute session.
Instructor: Gina Minks - firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 140.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 165.00|