Introduction to Archival Practice
At the end of this class, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the difference between an archive and a library.
- Use available resources to describe and organize new archival contributions.
- List the types of materials often found in collections.
- Describe how patrons can access and use archival materials.
- Implement basic workflows, processes, and procedures to make archival work easier.
- Create a basic archival finding aid.
Librarians with little to no prior experience with archives.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Short readings will be assigned before each class. Short exercises will be completed during class. A final homework assignment will be to completed a short finding aid for a collection.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Big Blue Button's minimum requirements page.
This course consists of four 90-minute session.
Instructor: Gina Minks - email@example.com
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 6
10:00 am - 11:30 am CST
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 260.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 285.00|