Website Accessibility for Everyone
In this workshop, we will explore the fundamentals of web accessibility; the kinds of user-related issues that need to be considered; regulations, laws, and standards surrounding web accessibility design; tools and technologies used for better accessibility design; and content and design best practices and techniques.
By the end of the class, participants should be able to:
- Understand the meaning and importance of web accessibility
- Describe various ways people with different disabilities, including ageing-related impairments use the web
- Identify barriers in using the web and identify solutions that would improve the situation
- Understand the legal landscape regarding accomodations for people of all abilities in the context of website design
This workshop is intended for people with a basic understanding of HTML and CSS, but little or no experience with accessibility.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of one 3-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 3
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm CST
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 105.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 165.00|