Metadata Principles and Practices: Metadata Standards and Types
* This course is eligible for Micro-Credentialing (optional) - What is Micro-Credentialing?
- Complete the following courses:
- Complete extra requirements for Micro-credentialing participants:
- Extra homework per course
- Extra capstone project (extra $70 fee)- register for the capstone here
- Understand the roles of schemas and DTDs in defining tags, attributes and structures used in defining metadata standards
- List types of metadata and their roles in:
- describing resources
- defining rights and controlling access to resources
- providing access to resources
- preserving and maintaining resources
Catalogers, archivists digital project managers or anyone needing an overview of metadata.
Metadata Principles and Practices: Metadata Basics or knowledge of rules for well-formed XML
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Course requirements: attend live online session or view recording; complete assignment on researching a current metadata standard on the web.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minium requirements page.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 95.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 155.00|