In this course, we will define what it means to be a digital citizen, followed by deep-dives into the nine elements of digital citizenship. Throughout the discussion we will identify services and programming opportunities that libraries of all types can provide to help promote digital citizenship in their communities.
- Define Wikipedia and discuss its history
- Evaluate the reliabilty of Wikipedia
- Discuss best practices for using Wikipedia
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of using Wikipedia
- Discuss examples of libraries utilizing Wikipedia
This course is intended for all library types.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
This course consists of two 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird||$ 140.00|
|Non-member Early Bird||$ 195.00|