Office Manager -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Administrative Services
Position Title: Office Manager
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: A-15
Classification No. 0156/Administrative Assistant IV
Job Posting No. 00001346
Monthly Salary: $2,748 - $3,605 /Month
Date Job Available: January 2, 2018
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00001346&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields Army 92A; Navy, SN; Coast Guard 360; Marines; 0111; Air Force 3A1x1or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
Performs advanced (senior-level) administrative and technical program assistance work for the Administrative Services Division of the agency. The Office Manager disseminates standard information regarding agency policies and procedures to employees and the public. This position assists the Purchasing Department, Accounting Department, Support Services, Executive Office and ITS Department. The ability to provide excellent customer service in a high volume office and the ability to multi-task are essential elements of this position. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs all administrative and clerical functions for the Chief Fiscal and Operations Officer and the Administrative
- Services Division of the agency.
- Answers high volume telephone and refers or responds to departmental electronic mail
- Provides administrative support and assistance to the Human Resources Department
- Assists with Property Inventory and Accounting
- Serves as the division’s Records Manager
- Serves and the Agency liaison to the Department of Public Safety for parking and electronic ID badges
- Edits proofs and maintains information for the divisions web pages on the Internet and Intranet
- Serves and the agency Recycling Coordinator and Liaison to Texas Facilities Commission
- Assists with special projects as designated by the Chief Operations and Fiscal Officer
- Attends work regularly and in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures including safety and standards of conduct
- High School or GED
- Three years of progressively responsible Administrative Assistant work
- Two years office clerical experience
- Two years public contact experience
- One year experience working with automated systems including data entry
- Poise and appearance to tactfully deal with the public
- Knowledge of business English, composition, and spelling
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures
- Ability to plan and arrange own work in order to meet mandatory deadlines
- Ability to process multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 35 lbs
- College degree or coursework in Human Resources, English, Communications or related.
- Experience explaining rules, regulations, policies, or procedures to the public
- Experience using Excel and Microsoft Word
- Experience using the Internet software such as HTML, Frontpage, Drupal, LiveCycle, Word Press and Dreamweaver
- Experience creating online forms
- Experience creating/maintaining databases
- Experience with state purchasing rules and regulations
- Experience with record processing and/or accounting
- Experience using CAPPS
Other Requirements & Information
- College transcripts required if claiming college credit
- The successful candidate must pass a criminal history check
- Texas State Purchasing Training must have been completed or taken within the first 6 months of employment
- Reports to the Chief Operations and Fiscal Officer.
- No supervisory responsibility