Student Success Librarian -- University of Texas at San Antonio -- San Antonio, TX
Student Success Librarian (Resident Librarian / three year, time-limited position)
Great Opportunity for August and December graduates!
The University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries seeks an outgoing, energetic Student Success Resident Librarian to provide instruction, research and outreach services to first- and second-year students of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and academic backgrounds. This entry-level position will develop and implement fresh ideas and new directions for a library instruction and assessment program focused on undergraduates’ academic success and retention.
The successful candidate will enjoy teaching and engaging with students. As a social connector, the Student Success librarian will foster undergraduates’ sense of belonging and inclusion, collaborating with diverse UTSA student organizations and services and participating in outreach programs across campus.
Qualifications & Experience
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited program. Degree must be completed by date of hire.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide user-centered services for diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a diverse academic community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends, methods, and best practices in undergraduate student success and engagement.
- Ability to manage projects and multiple tasks.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Use of standard office equipment including library and business PC applications.
- Experience using active and experiential learning methods in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships among diverse constituencies.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a three-year, time-limited, benefits‐eligible position.
Job Posting Closes: Open Until Filled
For complete position announcement, along with the online application, access the UTSA, Human Resources, STARS, website at https://jobs.utsa.edu/postings/7955. You will be required to attach a resume, cover letter, and a list with the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references. For assistance accessing the online system call UTSA Human Resources at (210) 458-4250.
This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check. UTSA is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
About the University of Texas at San Antonio
The University of Texas at San Antonio is an emerging Tier One research institute specializing in health, energy, security, sustainability, and human and social development. With nearly 31,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement, and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as the center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and commercialization of intellectual property – for Texas, the nation, and the world.
San Antonio, currently the seventh largest city in the United States, is a charming and colorful metropolis located on the edge of the scenic Texas Hill Country. The city is recognized as having one of the most recession-proof economies in the country, contributing to a low cost of living and inexpensive real estate. With its vibrant ethnic traditions, rich history, thriving arts scene, and 300 days of sunshine per year, San Antonio offers an exceptional quality of life.