Branch Manager -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM BRANCH MANAGER
NORMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY EAST
Branch Managers for the Pioneer Library System have the opportunity to inspire innovation, engagement, and learning in our communities. In addition to supervising staff and overseeing collections, the branch manager is responsible for aligning branch programming and initiatives with the overall strategies and goals of the Pioneer Library System. As a leader in the civic and business community, the branch manager works to build and advance partnerships with organizations that support our vision.
THE LIBRARY SYSTEM
The Pioneer Library System, as its name reflects, helps people explore life’s pathway. Whether developing new skills, transitioning to new technologies, or finding another great book, PLS acts as a catalyst in the lives of our customers and communities.
Since becoming the first multi-county library system in Oklahoma in 1958, PLS has led the state and the industry in innovation and service. Our 11 libraries customize leading-edge technology to the communities we serve. For citizens of our three counties who do not live near one of our libraries, we maintain eight rural Information Stations.
Norman Public Library East is a new 12,500 square foot branch that is the first to serve the east side of the city of Norman. The collection of 20,000+ items will offer popular, recreational materials for all ages. The library will feature highly flexible space that will support a mobile service approach, new education models, collaborative learning, information sharing, and digital literacy, including tablet lending services. There will also be a community program room with seating for 100, plus shared public/staff meeting and study rooms.
The position is anticipated to begin January, 2018.
The Pioneer Library System offers a strong benefits package. Employer-paid health and dental plans as well as group term life and long term disability insurance. Employee-paid vision care insurance, short term disability or other optional insurance plans, and retirement options. To promote the health and well-being of staff members, full-time employees are provided with generous paid annual vacation leave in addition to twelve paid holidays annually. Pioneer supports multiple training and professional development opportunities for all staff.
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
NORMAN, OK 73072
Position: Branch Manager
Location: Norman Public Library East
Schedule: Full-time position, 40 hours per week, works a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman, OK.
Compensation based on education, qualifications & experience:
- MLIS or Master’s Degree preferred: $50,520 - $61,104/yr
- (Plus excellent benefits package)
Applications Accepted: Open Until Filled – First Interviews Begin December 1st
- MLIS degree from ALA accredited graduate school preferred or Master’s degree;
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Three to seven years of relevant library or related experience;
- Three years supervisory experience;
- Equivalent technical training, education, and /or experience may be considered;
- Lift up to 25 lbs., retrieve and replace items from floor to at least 5 ½ feet height;
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support leadership teams in process improvement, change management, team development and effectiveness, conflict resolution, and problem solving;
- Ability to identify, create, and put into action multiple departmental and organizational improvements and projects while working in a collaborative and consultative manner;
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership and to influence, partner with, and coach others;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate within all levels of an organization matched with strong verbal, written, presentation, and one-on-one communication skills;
- Strong service orientation with a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and thrive in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Listens effectively and communicates in concise, tactful, respectful manner both orally and in writing.
Applications: Position is Open Until Filled, first interviews begin December 1, 2017. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed application form is required.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.