History and Religious Studies Librarian -- Washington University -- St. Louis, MO
Washington University Libraries seeks a creative and innovative librarian to serve as the History and Religious Studies Librarian.
The History and Religious Studies Librarian is responsible for selecting and acquiring library materials and serving as liaison to the History department, Religious Studies program and Danforth Center for Religion and Politics; participating in user education activities and subject-specific reference services; assisting in training library staff and students; and participating in relevant professional development activities. This position also includes engaging in campus-wide initiatives, consortia partnerships, and regional, state or national organizations as appropriate to foster new partnerships in support of the Library’s goal to expand its research through engagement. Serves on library, university, and professional committees and projects as elected or appointed. The position also supports scholarly communication and data curation activities by educating and informing faculty, students, librarians and campus administrators about scholarly communications trends and issues.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in reference, instruction or collection development
- Experience with building internal/external relationships and partnerships
- Masters in subject area preferred
- Ability to read German, French or Italian preferred
- Familiarity with the academic library environment
Candidates can apply by visiting https://jobs.wustl.edu/ and searching for the job opening number 38371.