Amigos Library Services is seeking qualified candidates for the position of President and CEO
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 20, 2016
Printable version of this press release (.pdf)
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Amigos Library Services is one of the largest consortia of libraries and cultural heritage institutions in the United States. A not-for-profit, membership-based organization dedicated to providing innovative services to libraries of all types, Amigos is currently comprised of 653 libraries from 22 states. For more than 40 years, Amigos members have collaborated to obtain affordable services and shared library resources and knowledge. Amigos is committed to continuing to work in collaboration with members and industry partners to deliver solutions that meet the changing needs of communities.
The President and CEO provides vision and creative, strategic leadership for the organization, works closely with the Board of Directors concerning policy and planning, and engages libraries for innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
The ideal President and CEO will be an innovator, advocate, and administrator who is focused, decisive, and a critical thinker. This entrepreneurial leader will be intellectually curious, have a sense of humor, and demonstrate executive presence.
- Provide visionary leadership to the Board, staff, and members of Amigos Library Services.
- Conduct the business of the organization in an actively entrepreneurial, mission-driven, cooperative, and transparent manner.
- Develop and deploy strategic and operational plans to provide cost-effective services responsive to the needs of libraries.
- Recommend and control annual operating budget of $15.7 million; provide ongoing oversight of a fiscally sound organization.
- Lead and motivate a highly qualified staff of 29 to conduct operations and provide member-focused service.
- Explore, evaluate, and initiate development or acquisition of new member services competitive in the market.
- Apply knowledge of technology and current market trends to the planning and service activities of the organization.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited library school preferred. MBA or MPA desirable.
- Ten (10) years of professional experience including a minimum of five (5) years in progressively responsible management and leadership with emphasis on leading a team; including executive management experience.
- Experience in working with multiple types and sizes of libraries with diverse missions is required; experience working in or leading a library service organization is preferred.
- Experience in developing and achieving revenue plans and expense budgets is required, as well as knowledge of nonprofit management and governance.
- Knowledge of diverse library technologies and experience with multiple information management systems.
- Ability to travel on behalf of Amigos ranging from 20% to 40% of the time.
A blue-ribbon CEO Selection Task Force has been appointed to coordinate the search process on behalf of the Amigos Board of Directors and Amigos members. Task force members include Sheila Johnson, Dean of Libraries, Oklahoma State University (OK) and current Amigos Board of Directors member; Steve Potter, Library Director and CEO, Mid-Continent Public Library (MO) and current Amigos Board of Directors member and former Chair; Jennifer Goodson, Library Director, Fort Smith Public Library (AR), and former Amigos Board of Directors Chair; Sara Lowman, Vice Provost and University Librarian, Rice University (TX), and former Amigos Board of Directors Chair; Craig Stephenson, City Manager, Ponca City (OK), current Chair of the Amigos Board of Directors and Chair of the Task Force; and Trisha Mooney, Executive Support Services Manager at Amigos and staff liaison to the Task Force.
Expected salary range is $130,000-$150,000 with a competitive benefits package. Anticipated start date will be January 2017. Cover letter and resume/CV should be submitted by September 12, 2016. Materials should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
Contact Trisha Mooney at email@example.com for additional information. All information and accompanying materials will remain confidential.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Amigos Library Services to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status. This policy relates to all phases of employment including but not limited to recruitment, employment, placement, promotion, demotion, transfer, reduction-in-force, termination, compensation, and selection for training or use of facilities. New employees will be selected and present employees will be promoted strictly on the basis of the individual’s qualifications to meet the needs of the organization.