Candidates for 2016 Amigos Board of Directors election announced
The Amigos Nominating Committee has announced the slate of candidates for election to the Amigos Library Services Board of Directors. Candidate and voting information is being sent to the designated Voting Representatives of Amigos member institutions as part of a Call to Meeting mailing. Elections will take place through a combination of directed proxy voting and online voting during the Member Business Meeting on May 11.
Nominating Committee Chair Liz MacDonald, Lindenwood University, St. Charles, MO, reported the slate of candidates for the May election, which includes the following:
Candidates for Board of Directors (Librarian) – three to be elected for a three-year term
- Ms. Linda Morgan Davis, Assistant Director, Collections and Community, Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library System, Albuquerque, NM
- Ms. Ashley Parker-Graves, Library Director, Malvern-Hot Spring County Library, Malvern, AR
- Mr. Steve Potter, Director of the Library and CEO, Mid-Continent Public Library, Independence, MO
- Ms. Christina Prucha, Director of Library Services, State Technical College of Missouri, Linn, MO
- Mr. Randy Roberts, Dean of Library Services, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS
- Ms. Jean Waldrop, Library Director, Harding University, Searcy, AR
Candidate for Board of Directors (Independent) – one to be elected for a three-year term
- Ms. Gretchen McCord, Attorney and Consultant, Digital Information Law, Smithville, TX
MacDonald expressed her thanks to the members of the Nominating Committee: Britt Anne Murphy, Hendrix College (AR), and Trisha Mooney, Amigos Staff Liaison.