IGI Global Accepting Submissions for Academic Librarian Sponsorship Award
IGI Global is offering the Academic Librarian Sponsorship Award. This award is given in an effort to help librarians grow professionally and increase their understanding of the changing state of knowledge resources. This initiative awards a $500 stipend to librarians who are planning to attend one of the major library conferences in 2013:
- 2013 American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter Meeting: January 25th -29th in Seattle, WA
- Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) 2013: April 10th-13th in Indianapolis, IN
- 2013 American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference: June 27th- 2nd in Chicago, IL
To apply for this sponsorship, librarians must submit a 250-word essay on why they should be awarded the stipend,
describing the following:
- How can publishers and librarians best interact to further the advancement of knowledge resources?
- How will their own knowledge of the industry help librarians enhance uses of modern technology in their institutions?
- How can librarians help make cutting-edge resources for students and faculty more discoverable?
All interested librarians must submit their essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1, 2013 to be considered for the ALA Midwinter Meeting award. For more information on this award, visit http://www.igi-global.com/forms/librarianawardform.