Benefits of Amigos Membership
Membership provides access to many valuable services such as discounts from leading vendors, continuing education opportunities, and professional consulting. Collaboration among our members fosters development of future leading-edge endeavors such as Amigos eShelf℠, our soon-to-be-launched e-book distribution platform. And Amigos members also have access to a variety of no-charge benefits that include:
- Amigos Fellowship and Opportunity Award supports library innovation, development, and research through a competitive application process that provides up to $10,000 annually to staff members from Amigos member libraries.
- Annual Membership Conference is conducted live online, providing two days of diverse programs that reach over 1,000 participants each spring.
- Ask Amigos, the Librarians Reference Desk, consists of brief consultations by phone and e-mail with Amigos' professional staff on all aspects of library operations for all types of libraries.
- Deposit Accounts help consolidate members’ billings and simplify accounting by allowing members to pay for any Amigos programs and many third-party services.
- Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Assistance includes information, referrals to local resources, and on-site assistance to help members recover from any emergency situation, and can help develop recovery plans for future emergencies.
- Discount Direct assists members with ordering library supplies and furniture directly from vendors at a negotiated discount.
- Know & Go Information Sessions regularly scheduled one-hour web sessions covering topics of current interest, designed for group or individual participation.
- Member Job Bank posts job openings at member libraries; openings are listed for 30 days or until the position is filled.
- RDA Toolkit Subscriptions for a single-simultaneous-user are provided by Amigos to all members. Amigos also offers additional simultaneous user subscriptions at 15% off ALA's list price.
- Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements save time and money for agreement signers, who consent to loan and make copies (up to 50 pages) at no charge to each other. Amigos sponsors the Amigos Resource Sharing Agreement and the Amigos Western Resource Sharing Agreement.
- Topical Conferences Online provide in-depth discussions of critical topics from the comfort of member work sites; three are planned for FY2015.