Metadata for Digitized Resources
- Articulate a definition of metadata
- Describe the challenges of metadata on the Web
- Identify the types of metatdata used in digital projects
- Describe the role of XML in establishing and using metadata standards
- Realize that metadata does not always come in the form of a record
- Evaluate websites as metadata for presentation and navigation
- Identify the two meanings of structural metadata
- Explain how markup improves access
- Explain the difference between preservation metadata and technical metadata
- Identify types of rights metadata
Catalogers, digital librarians, webmasters, archivists, special collections librarians, or anyone who has responsibilities for the description and access to collection materials.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements
- Students will participate in class discussion, and complete both individual and cooperative assignment.
- Please note: This class has a pre-class reading assignment.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Live Online System Requirements
Web Browser and Text Editor such as Windows Notepad
This course consists of four 2-hour sessions.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 8
IACET CEUs: 0.8
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM CDT
|Amigos Member||$ 305.00|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 8 Learning Passport Hours||$ 0.00|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 10% Discount||$ 274.50|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 15% Discount||$ 259.25|