Cataloging with RDA
- Distinguish between work, expression, manifestation and item as they apply to describing and providing access to resources and understand their roles in enabling users to find, identify, select and obtain resources
- Build descriptions of resources using RDA Core elements
- Create authorized access points using preferred names for persons, families and corporate bodies and preferred titles for works
- Articulate relationships between works, expressions, manifestations and items and between resources and persons, families and corporate bodies using RDA vocabularies
- Use the RDA Toolkit and workflows to identify rules relevant to describing resources and creating access points
Library catalogers with experience in cataloging with AACR2 and MARC
- Working knowledge of AACR2 and experience applying rules to cataloging situations
- Working knowledge of the MARC 21 and/or OCLC MARC bibliographic formats
- Desire to learn; openness to change
- Students must have access to the RDA Toolkit through institutional or personal subscription
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements
Students will hand in exercises reinforcing RDA concepts and will complete MARC-based descriptions for resources, applying RDA rules.
It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Live Online System Requirements
This course consists of four 2-hour sessions.
10:30 AM - 12:30 PM CST
|Amigos Member||$ 305.00|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 8 Learning Passport Hours||$ 0.00|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 10% Discount||$ 274.50|
|Amigos Member Learning Passport Holder - 15% Discount||$ 259.25|