Benefits of Amigos Library Services Membership
For over forty years, Amigos Library Services has helped member libraries deliver a higher level of service to their communities through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships. Membership provides access to many valuable services such as discounts from leading vendors, continuing education opportunities, professional consulting, and topical online conferences. Amigos Library Service members also have access to a variety of no-charge benefits including:
- Annual Membership Conference is an online conference providing diverse and innovative programming, including an essential Member Update, and Amigos Library Services Board Elections.
- Deposit Accounts help consolidate members’ invoices and simplify accounting by allowing members to pay for any Amigos service or product such as continuing education sessions, database subscriptions, and more.
- Discount Direct is a program that provides members with the opportunity to order library supplies and consulting services directly from vendors at negotiated discounts.
- Know & Go Information Sessions are a series of regularly scheduled hour-long informative web sessions covering current topics of interest and designed for group participation.
- Member Job Bank allows Amigos Library Services members the opportunity to post their open positions for free. Open positions are listed for thirty days or longer upon request, and viewed by job seekers across the nation.
- RDA Toolkit Subscriptions for a single-simultaneous user is offered to Amigos Library Services members free of charge. Additional simultaneous users are available at discounted rates when ordered through Amigos.
- Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements enable no-charge resource sharing, saving time and money, among agreement signers. Participating libraries consent to loan and make copies (up to 50 pages) at no charge to other participants. Amigos Library Services sponsors both the Amigos Resource Sharing Agreement and the Western Resource Sharing Agreement.
- Topical Conferences Online exploring topics and trends of current interest to the library community are regularly scheduled throughout the year and available at no charge to the staff of Amigos Library Services member institutions. Click here for more details on our online conference page.